Monday 3 March 2014

Everyday natural makeup






Everyday natural makeup is something that can actually be quite tricky to achieve, there have been times when I have aimed for natural makeup but have applied slightly too much of one product that I end up with a full faced makeup look.

Natural makeup should enhance what you already have, making your eyes stand out and your skin look fresh and healthy. Here is my step by step guide to achieving natural everyday makeup.

Primer: Firstly you should begin with a clean face, freshly cleansed and moisturised (I also like to use MAC fix+ as it freshens my face up and makes my makeup look more natural), and begin using a primer. Primer can be used in many ways but it's sole purpose is to keep makeup in place all day and help with the application of your foundation. The primer that I used for this look was the Benefit Porefessional primer which claims to reduce the appearene of pores once your foundation has been applied. I apply this to my T zone and cheeks carefully patting the product on with my fingers.

Foundation: Next I used my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15 in the shade Sand. This foundation has a medium coverage which is buildable and it is extremely pretty. For this look I use the smallest amount of foundation to achieve a natural look. I applied the product evenly over my face using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

Concealer: I then used my MAC Studio Finish Concealer to cover up and blemishes I may have, I apply this using my fingers and then blend that in with the same Real Techniques Buffing Brush. For my under eyes I used Benefit Boing concealer for a more fresh faced look.

Mascara: I usually apply my mascara before applying eyeshadow as I tend to be very heavy handed and get it literally everywhere! I used Benefits They're Real mascara which is literally amazing although very pricey.

Eyeshadow: To begin with I used the Urban Decay eyelid primer to prime my eyelids which holds my eyeshadow on all day. I then took the shade Naked from my Urban Decay Naked Pallette and apply that all over my eyelid with an ELF eyeshadow brush, I then took the shade Buck from the same pallette and applied that to the crease of my eyelid and blended it out. This will give the eye a little more definition. I also applied a light shimmery shade from an MUA pallette to the inner corner of my eyes as a highlight to give the illusion of bigger and more awake eyes.

Contour: This is my favourite step for every makeup look as it frames the face and makes the cheekbones more prominent. I used my Benefit HOOLA bronzing powder and took a small amount on my Real Techniques contour brush then applied a line underneath my cheekbones and then blend that out. Make sure to blend this out completely otherwise you'll have a dirty looking line down the side of your face!

Highlight: This isn't a necessary step but if you want to achieve that glowing fresh effect then I would recommend it. I used my Topshop highlight in Sunbeam which is a slightly golden colour and applied a small amount to the top of my cheekbones with the same Real Techniques contour brush and blended it out. I also applied a tiny bit to my brow bone and cupids bow.

Lips: For an everyday look you could just apply a bit of lip balm or Vaseline but I applied a MAC Cremesheen lipstick in Coral Bliss, a very sheer corally pink colour.

You may want to apply some blusher for a rosy cheeked effect, I just personally don't like the look of blusher on myself. I am by no means an expert with makeup so if you do your makeup in a different order or apply it differently and you're happy with the results then by all means carry on that way, I just though this might be helpful for beginners to learn a few basic tips.




Thanks for reading x

1 comment:

  1. That looks stunning, what a brilliant tutorial and you look beautiful, great post!

    ReplyDelete