Wednesday 12 March 2014

Sleek

Sleek cosmetics is a brand that I hadn't really heard much about until recently, I'd always seen the stand in Superdrug and assumed that the products weren't very good because they're so cheap. I was so wrong!

About a year ago I really wanted a bright purple lipstick and couldn't find one anywhere, until I saw that Sleek had a vibrant purple-pink lipstick with a matte finish. I bought it thinking that I'd probably not like it and again, I was so wrong.

I now have four lipsticks from Sleek and really hope to get some more soon!

The first of the lipsticks and probably my favourite is Smoulder. Although this is a sheen lipstick it lasts so long on my lips, literally all night, it's amazing. It is a dark purple-brown colour which gives off a grungey kind of look. The formula is so nice as it smoothes over the lips very easily and the pigmentation is excellent.





The second lipstick, Cherry, is also a favourite of mine. The formula is a sheen finish just as Smoulder is and it is a very deep red, I have noticed that even though it does last for a long time on the lips after a few hours the colour begins to fade and creates a stain on your lips. This isn't really an issue though as you can just reapply it throughout the day/night.





Next up is the matte purple-pink lipstick, Mystic, which is the first Sleek lipstick I ever bought. I really love this colour and although it is very bright I think it can be worn with a lot of different make up looks. The formula of this lipstick can be quite drying as it has a matte finish, although if you apply lip balm before applying it then your lips shouldn't dry out too much. 





Finally is the matte lipstick Heartbreaker and my least favourite of the four. It is a very bright pink colour which really does not suit my skin tone. The formula is pretty much exactly the same as Mystic as they are both matte and the colour is actually really pretty. 




I really love these lipsticks (if you hadn't already got that!) and I would honestly recommend anyone to get them. 

Thanks for reading x


2 comments:

  1. I've not tried Sleek but it looks great I especially love the shade Smoulder, and you suit all of the shades don't worry you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love Smoulder too, you should definitely try it!

      Delete