Wednesday 12 March 2014

MAC Faux Lipstick

MAC is a makeup brand that I'm sure most people have heard of. Being slightly more expensive than high street cosmetics I had always avoided buying anything from them, even though I knew I would love most of their products.

Last summer I finally decided it was time for me to purchase my first MAC product and I absolutely loved it. From that moment on I have been obsessed with their products and would say that they are one of my favourite makeup brands.

After building up my collection of bright lipsticks, I decided to venture into more nude colours and came across a shade I had never seen before, this shade was Faux, a satin finish muted mauve-pink colour.


This lipstick is perfect for an everyday look as it isn't too out there and makes the lips look beautiful and smooth. I've never had a satin finish lipstick before so I wasn't sure what to expect, I assumed that the lipstick would transfer slightly more sheer onto my lips. However it seems extremely matte to me.




I'm not really sure why it's satin finish as I'd say its definitely more matte than anything else, which is perfect for me as I love matte lipsticks. Despite the matte finish the lipstick is very moisturising and lasts on my lips for most of the day, and the amazing vanilla scent that comes with all of MAC's lipsticks is so pretty.

This lipstick retails as £15 which is slightly expensive, but it really does show, when you use it, that the quality is very good. Do you own any MAC lipsticks? Which is your favourite?

Thanks for reading x


2 comments:

  1. I've used Mac before and loved them Illamasqua also sells amazing lipsticks for £15, think its a reasonable price for such a good lipstick,great post as well, I really want to try MAC heroine it just looks so pigmented and pretty. Great post I really enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love MAC so much and really want to try Illamasqua!

      Delete